The problem is never how to get new, innovative thought into your mind, but how to get the old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it. Dee Hock
Vision is the mother of creativity. Vision triggers a sense of purpose and mandate. A combination of hope, challenges, and sense of duty leads to creativity.
Creativity is the ability to bring into tangible reality something new, refreshingly different, innovative, functional, efficient and effective, that meets the needs and aspirations of people and generations. It is a divine responsibility. Julia Cameron said, “Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our own gift back to God.”
1. Creativity starts from the thought process.
“All things are created twice—first mentally; then physically. The key to creativity is to begin with the end in mind, with a vision and a blue print of the desired result.” Stephen Covey
2. Creativity is an act of faith in your vision.
“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” Anatole France
3. Creativity sees beyond impossibilities and opposition.
“Nothing at all will be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.” Samuel Johnson
4. Creativity, most times, requires abnormal thought processes.
“Progress comes from the people who think against the grain. Without nonconformists, you don’t advance.” Saw Ken Wye
5. Creativity involves questioning the status quo.
- Why are we the way we?
- Why are things the way they are?
- Why can’t we do it better?
- What needs to be done?
- How can we do it differently and better?
“I believe the dream of what might be is more important than the record of what has been. We must, however, be serious about that vision.” Greg Anderson
6. The creative mind must not be afraid of failure.
7. Creativity involves initiative and perseverance.
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” Mark Twain
“Make the second effort your second nature.” Harvey MacKay
8. Creative people are ready to change.
“It’s a bad plan that admits no modification.” Publillus Syrus
Sometimes you get new products from failures, mistakes, and criticism.
9. The word ‘impossible’ is deleted from the dictionary of the creative.
“The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.” Arthur C. Clarke
10. Creative people face reality but refuse to be imprisoned by it.
“There are some people who live in a dream world, and some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.” Douglas Everett
Archimedes principle is true. Gravity is true. The fact that metals are denser than air is true. However, metals can fly and carry people in the air. Somebody dared to break the prison of caged reasoning.
11. Vision and creativity needs people working as a team.
“Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don’t interfere as long as the policy you’ve decided upon is being carried out.” Ronald Reagan
“Organization doesn’t really accomplish anything. Plans don’t accomplish anything, either. Theories of management don’t much matter. Endeavours succeed or fail because of the people involved. Only by attracting the best people will you accomplish great deeds.” Colin Powell
We have all it takes to succeed in any dream today.
- Unprecedented availability of information
- Information technology
- Good telecommunications
- Globalization and availability of global assistance
- Highly educated workforce
- Cheap labour
- A very adaptable and governable population
- Abundant financial resources
If we miss it now, we might never make it again.
God Bless You.